Thursday, September 27, 2012

Boden Printed A-line Skirt


One of the silly get-to-know-you questions I was asked upon starting work in the apparel business was, “What's your favorite fabric?”

A couple years later I still can’t pinpoint whether silk, cotton or cashmere “defines” me, but when it comes to pattern, I can confidently declare my partiality for polka dots. 

The retro design is classic, but having a seriously trendy moment. Though it’s super hot now in all styles and silhouettes, the timeless nature of the pattern ensures you can wear what you invest in for years. Beyond the typical blouse, I’m obsessed with the print dotting skirts, scarves – and especially tights.

Boden’s Printed A-line skirt is the quintessential trendy-meets-timeless manifestation. Not quite as daring as polka-dotted pants, the pattern on a skirt is still freshly unexpected and fashion-forward, in a whimsically ladylike way. The 100%-cotton, machine-washable piece refreshes blah business separates and the navy/forest green combo is acutely autumnal.

photo courtesy bodenusa.com


Pick up a Pumpkin Spice Latte, pop on this skirt, and you’ll be fall festivity walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment