Sunday, October 7, 2012

Gap Eversoft Circle Sweater


Founded in 1969, The Gap originally sold blue jeans and white tees. The country’s largest specialty apparel retailer has evolved considerably in four decades, with pieces that still cater to the younger generation it’s named for, but with a wider and trendier assortment than what launched the chain on San Francisco’s Ocean Avenue.

My virtual shopping bag quickly overflowed as I scanned the site this weekend, adding items from all categories: a tweed moto jacket, neon-trimmed scarves, cropped camo pants and biker boots.

I forced myself to exercise a little restraint and whittled down my selection, settling on a couple Eversoft sweaters. The super-soft knit is as cozy and luxe as cashmere, for a fraction of the cost. The silhouette and oversized fit of the circle style is so easy I was tempted to buy all colors, and will probably regret letting practicality rein in impulse. 

The scoop-neck sweater features long sleeves to fight the winter freeze, relaxed dropped shoulder seams, and curved hem that is a touch longer in back. It is the hard-to-find, casual-cool sweater you’ll wear to work with cropped skinnies, then snuggle in later with sweatpants, all while emanating the same breezy chicness co-workers, friends and family will envy. It’s not often something so comfortable is simultaneously so polished, and I don’t intend to let this fashion anomaly slip through my fingers.


photo courtesy gap.com


Unconvinced? The Gap is offering 30% off online purchases through tomorrow. If that’s not an invitation, I’m not sure what is. 

1 comment:

  1. In the year of 2017. People around me suddenly begin to hang out with short red dress .I'm feeling curious and suspicion at the moment:"Is this a thing now?"And here's my thoughts after research and the dress that I bought.

    ReplyDelete