Sunday, January 13, 2013

Prabal Gurung for Target Dresses


No Valentine’s Day date? No matter. The Prabal Gurung for Target collection is reason to dress up and go out, whether coupled up or flying solo.


When I first saw the line in the Target corporate Fashion Office, I was immediately magnetized by the shoes. There’s look-at-me neon. Wear-with-everything black. Flat sandals. Wedge sandals. Pumps. Pointy-toe flats. Ankle straps. More ankle straps. The footwear executed well, looks expensive, and would fit in just fine on a Nordstrom display table.


Hung on racks all together, the apparel, though, looked too flashy for my taste. Gurung’s design inspiration was the journey through love (there are First Date and Meet The Parents prints) so the palette is – appropriately – colorful and expressive. But taken individually, I saw not everything is exaggerated. I fell in love with the fun and feminine dresses that deserve to see and be seen.






Black pops against pastels in a fresh pairing for can't-miss contrast. The cinching waistband is hero, lending ladylike class to a somewhat relaxed silhouette, and elevating for evening-out suitability. 





The Pintuck dress is proof sexy doesn’t have to be tight and tiny. I’m irrationally obsessed with the front-and-center bow and the straps’ narrow cut that shows off shoulders. Classic black and white cements the style’s staying power.



photos courtesy elle.com



Nothing says romance like a red dress and I adore this one’s marriage of sweet and sassy. The flirty bottom half is balanced by black trim at the arm openings for unexpected edge. In the same way, a conservative neckline neutralizes the mini, structured skirt that together say: I'm a nice girl, but won't be walked on.



Get the dresses and the rest of the collection (preview it here) in Target stores and online February 10. 


1 comment:

  1. I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing.
    Prom Dresses

    ReplyDelete