Wednesday, April 16, 2014

slingbacks and easter sunday

The higher the heel, the closer to heaven—but flats are far from damned. Streamlined designs, modern details and, of course, comfort are a flat's saving graces. D'orsays and ankle straps are well-established (and appreciated) styles, but elbowing their way to the top of my wish list are slingbacks. The back strap is a preppy, casual nod to spring while the sharp, defined toe is smart and sophisticated. Message sent: I'm fun, AND I've got it together. The pair I ordered last week definitely has a spot reserved in my suitcase for this weekend in Minnesota. I haven't decided what to wear on Easter Sunday, but whether it's denim + sleeveless blouse or skirt + blazer, this shoe will work: polished, but not overdone. The last thing I want to do is shuffle through church in too-high heels or spend all day chasing little cousins in a pair that was clearly not made for walking. What are your plans for the holiday? Will you gorge on Cadbury eggs or marshmallow Peeps? More importantly, what will you wear?






























SHOP SLINGBACKS: Boden (20% off!). J.CREW. Lands' End. Nordstrom. Anthropologie.

images: one. two.

No comments:

Post a Comment