Tuesday, August 12, 2014

asymmetrical earrings

I spent a quick couple of days this weekend in Minnesota for a beautiful outdoor wedding. It was one of the more casual ceremonies I've attended and I loved that the bride defied tradition in favor of what fit her personality (and if that personality manifests in giving guests Champagne to sip through the readings and vows, more power to her!). I wore an orange-red halter maxi for the farmhouse nuptials. Because the color was so bold, I kept my jewelry simple: petite pave hoops, a few twisted gold bangles and a tiny gold ear cuff I've been wearing constantly since last week. Asymmetrical earrings (or even wearing just one show-stopping piece) are catching on, and I really like the unbalanced look. Long & dangly or oversized clusters of stones make the "I'm only wearing one earring" effect most obvious, but if you prefer delicate rocks like me, cuffing a simple hoop (like I did) on one ear or snaking unusual shapes (like thisthese or these, or even mixing and matching) up your lobe sends the same message. The diamond-studded cuff I bought is no longer available, but here are a few others I love:




images via Harper's Bazaar

1 comment: