Thursday, November 20, 2014

look of the week 5

Do you guys watch Parks & Rec? I just started a week or so ago after a friend suggested it, and I'm passing that rec right on to you. It literally makes me laugh out loud. And watching it in my little apartment with just the Christmas lights on and a candle burning is the best way to end the day. And the best way to start the day? This outfit (and a blueberry smoothie). I've been stalking these drapey sweats since early fall, resisted for a few months, and now the need has reached a fever pitch (Santa?!). My work and weekend wardrobes are begging for some variety beyond jeans, and the Turner pants offer that plus chic comfort (in nine colors!). It's freezing out, so I paired them with a warm sweater, but they look just as good with a silky cami or super-soft tee (love these from Illinois artist Megan Lee). Gray is big right now, and somehow I don't have a plush, classic pullover in the smoky shade—this one's colorblocked sleeves and side zips make it even cooler. Beige pumps will take you everywhere, and a chunky chain necklace adds texture to this otherwise soft ensemble (plus, great turquoise jewelry is timeless). A light toffee nail lacquer and tortoise accents (stack on something slim and something wider for depth) complement all the colors happening here without being too busy. Now I just need to know: what color Turners are you getting, and what's your favorite quote from the Pawnee crew?


SHOP THE BOARD
1 | 2 | 3 | 4
5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

*Marc Jacobs nail lacquer (yes, again!) in Louise
inspiration images via: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

More ways to get the look:

1 comment: