Monday, June 15, 2015

father's day gift guide

Father's Day is next Sunday so it's time to get serious about gifting! I picked up one of these items for my dad last week, and everything here is stuff I considered to show the number-one man in my life some love.

It's important to stay active, especially as we get older, and I love that golf balls (or a tennis racket or dri-fit t-shirt) encourage exercise (and happiness via a hobby). SPF is also so, so crucial. At a Gophers game last fall, I remember being surprised by the intensity of the October sun up in the stands, and my dad, who has had pre-cancerous moles removed, wished he'd had some protection. Other grooming essentials, like volumizing shampoo (gotta keep that flow!) and texturizing hair product, are fun ways to upgrade his morning routine.

I've talked about my obsession with Mouth.com before—it's one of my go-to gift destinations, especially for hard-to-buy-for individuals like bosses and grandparents. From jerky to jam, there's an artisanal treat to surprise and delight anyone, and they have pre-packaged gift bundles just for dad (perfect if you and your siblings are chipping in together).

Finally, I stopped into Barnes & Noble over my lunch break last week and stumbled across Tom Brokaw's latest book. My dad has enjoyed all of Brokaw's writing (fun fact: the renown journalist spoke at my college graduation!) and this memoir, reflecting on a life free of hardship in the wake of a terminal diagnosis, seems like an insightful and meaningful read.

No comments:

Post a Comment