Tuesday, July 28, 2015

windowpane print

With the exception of a few super casual sundresses, I try to extend my wardrobe by buying clothes that work on and off the clock. Like Breton stripes, a windowpane print seamlessly bridges the gap between dressy and casual. It looks expensive, and the pattern adds interest without being busy, distracting or juvy. The trend has been going strong since 2013, but I didn't see anything I needed until this pretty silk cami appeared on PLIG. I'll wear it to the office with ankle pants (a solid color, contrasting pattern, or this floral would be really fun), on weekends with a distressed denim skirt, and into fall with a jean jacket or army anorak. Shop the trend below!

While I'm starting to think transitional when it comes to my closet, I'm keeping my meals seasonal! It's almost August and I haven't yet had the holiest of summer sandwiches: the BLT. My mom said she was going to make an open-faced style this week after picking up tomatoes at a farmer's stand, and I think I need to follow suit! Hope your week's going well!!

Poor Little It Girl | Song of Style | The College Prepster | Damsel in Dior

No comments:

Post a Comment