Tuesday, February 16, 2016

4 Routes to Radiant Skin

Do you have a warm-weather getaway coming up? I'm itching for some Mexico sun, but have so far procrastinated clearing my calendar to cash in PTO (anyone else feeling busy, busy?). With how quickly the first part of 2016 has flown, it will be May and the worst of winter past before I get real about scheduling some R&R. So in lieu of languishing on a beach, I hunted down beauty potions that grant an instant post-vacation glow for those of us who are landlocked and freezing. They don't come with turquoise waters or coconut shell cocktails, but these hot products deliver real radiance that won't fade in a few days—plus let you bypass a long flight and wrinkle-causing UV rays.

If you're like me, you have exfoliating, toning and moisturizing down. Infusing your skin with radiance (buzzword alert) is the next frontier—and just the boost mine needs to beat winter dullness and dryness. As a supplement to superfoods like blueberries, salmon and spinach, there are a range of ways to cultivate a youthful, radiant complexion, whether you love winding down the day with a mask or want to add a facial mist to your regimen.

hero image via Gal Meets Glam

THE MIST | Caudalie Beauty Elixir with grape extracts, rosemary & rose oil
Forbes calls facial mists the "must-have beauty trend of 2016," and Caudalie's is a cult favorite. 
It can be used as a priming base or to revive skin midday (see ya, 3:00 slump) with just a quick spritz at your cubicle. 

THE MASK | Kiehl's Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque with turmeric & cranberry 
I try to do a face mask at least once a week and have been expanding my collection. A brightening and invigorating one that restores radiance both instantly and over time is the perfect complement to the two I use regularly: charcoal (for clarity) and coconut (for hydration).

THE CLEANSER | Aveda Tourmaline Charged Exfoliating Cleanser with tourmaline & mango
I upgraded to Aveda shampoo, conditioner and style prep last weekend after cutting corners with drugstore brands recently and am obsessed with how soft and healthy my hair feels. I know the skincare will be equally worth the splurge. 

THE MOISTURIZER | Origins GinZing™ Energy-Boosting Moisturizer with coffee beans & ginseng
I've been using GinZing™ eye cream for a few months—at first just mornings when my eyes were puffier, but now, almost daily. I'm addicted to the light, pearlescent formula and awakening effect. 

3 comments:

  1. I am not here to waste my time reading something that doesn't add value. Yet this post is the best. best essential oil diffuser

    ReplyDelete
  2. We feel very delighted once determined your website. I must say i appreciate your stopping into read this post , and designed for inada massage chair taking the right time to debate your experience and ideas around .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please keep writing! That's very great information found here, I love your blog. Thanks a lot a whole whole lot a complete good deal quite for the discuss definitely. massage oil

    ReplyDelete