Monday, February 10, 2014

something borrowed and something for the sun


There are a lot of things I’m looking for right now. But in looking for everything we want, it’s easy to overlook the great things we already have. And for twentysomethings like me, two of those are the guiltless freedom to lounge lazily in the apartment all day with zero responsibility and subsist on snacks (namely, string cheese) instead of real meals. I enjoyed both on Sunday. One of my favorite movies, Something Borrowed (who doesn’t love this?), was on TV in the afternoon, and the part where John Krasinski tells Ginnifer Goodwin to “ask for what you want” before she flies from London to New York is kind of my mantra right now. You can’t be a passive player in your own life. Ask and you shall receive, right? It’s step one at least. The numerous Hamptons scenes also reminded me that I need a new swim cover up. A good one is so hard to find – it shouldn’t resemble a Vegas club dress, should keep ruffles and frills to a minimum, and I like long sleeves that give the chest and shoulders a break from the sun. Really into this one. I know. $98 seems extreme. But it will last multiple seasons and you won't be sick of it after one summer, which is justification to splurge. So, can I get a week in Cabo? (Asking for what I want here.) I'll leave you with this

image jcrew.com

No comments:

Post a Comment