Wednesday, October 22, 2014

look of the week 1

For the 4.5-hour drive from Madison to Minneapolis last Friday, I wanted to be comfortable and look somewhat polished. While tempting, that ruled out my ratty (but beloved) sweatshirts. And though it was chilly outside, I didn't want to wear a "full-on" coat in the car for several hours, which gets to be stuffy. (Dressing for a weekend away is hard, right?!) The LOFT cape I snagged a couple years ago came to the rescue: warmer than a sweater (as November approaches, it's getting more difficult to deny those wintry winds), equally cozy, and prettier than most traditional outerwear. I wore my cape again to work on Tuesday and, as it felt like being wrapped in a blanket all day, don't have plans to slow down. Comfort, ease and versatility are normally sufficient incentive for me to buy, but Burberry's Blanket Ponchothe season's it item—is also making the style hothothot. You'd think the flowing silhouette might be unflattering, but in a smooth fabric like cashmere, the look is surprisingly sleek. And worn with sharp shoes and skinny pants (I like how this distressed denim contrasts with the poncho's refinement), it's decidedly chic. Add colorful accessories for a cheerfulness not even a snow-day tow can melt away.


SHOP THE LOOK: 
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6


MORE PONCHOS:

2 comments:

  1. Not going to lie, the ponchos TargetxTOMS are coming out with are uh-mazing. I think I'm going to "splurge" on one of their $30 collaboration pieces to add something cozy and fresh to my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! I haven't seen them yet, but I'm sure they're super cute!

    ReplyDelete