Wednesday, December 17, 2014

shopping list 3

I've been using the same makeup forever. It's an easy routine and a versatile look, but I recently had the urge to throw everything out in favor of new recruits. I wasn't loving anything in my collection (foundation felt a little off, never replaced my favorite shadow when it ran dry months ago..) and I want to start 2015 off feeling my best. I'm so in love with these rich shadows, the perfectly subtle bronzer and the refreshingly light foundation that enhances, rather than masks, my naked skin. The dent in my credit card is a little painful, but it still feels so good to clear the clutter and have fresh, pretty products in my arsenal as we flip the calendar. Are you overhauling anything as December winds down?


SHOP THE BOARD
FACE | The best beauty looks start with good skin, 
so I invest most of my time, effort and dollars here.
1 | Smashbox Photo Finish Primer for a smooth canvas.
2 | NARS Sheer Glow Foundation for buildable coverage and a satin finish—
make sure to test on your jawline (great shades for fair tones!).
3 | MAKE UP FOR EVER Powder Foundation to eliminate midday shine.
4 | Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder for dimensional color in one compact
(go only a shade darker than your natural skintone).

EYES | Some people overlook eye shadow, but I think 
it makes a huge difference in opening, brightening and defining.
6, 7, 8 | Sephora Collection Colorful Eyeshadow Matte in Sandcastle (for low-key weekends),
Coffee Break and Morning Mocha (for work and nights out).
5 | NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base is key to making color last.
9 | Sephora Collection 12hr Wear Waterproof Eye Pencil stays puts like a liquid,
but has a softer look I'm comfortable wearing even during the day
(an insane range of colors and at only $10 a pop, you can afford to get some fun ones!). 
10 | NARS Brow Perfector fills in sparse areas and creates a refined shape with natural texture.

LIPS | Keeping it fresh and minimal! 
11 | tarte Maracuja Exfoliant is a total treat for a tortured winter kisser,
scrubbing away dryness and restoring softness.
12 | Dior Créme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm
is an indulgent but natural-looking moisturizer—with a pretty scent!

1 comment:

  1. Smashbox Photo Finish is my absolute favorite. There is something about it that is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete