Thursday, January 29, 2015

give a little love

In sixth grade, a boy gave me a teddy bear at school, which was a Very Big Deal. Sophomore year of college, I got a sweet card from someone I'd end up dating for the next several years asking me to a date party (also a big deal since I apparently didn't send my response soon enough, making him sweat all day). And the following year, I bopped around London pubs on a Strongbow buzz midway through my study abroad stint. Other than those few flashbacks, I haven't had particularly memorable Valentine's Days—which I don't say with any self-pity, since there's always been plenty of love in my life. While there's overarching pressure to be in a romantic relationship on February 14 (and in general at this age!), I enjoy just having fun with the holiday, sending snail mail and small gifts to the people who mean the most to me every day of the year. It's about time to start post-marking those love letters, so I corralled a few treats to inspire your own metaphorical Sonnet 116: nothing overtly love-themed, but small tokens that express that very sentiment. I can't wait to try this drugstore primer after reading this review, and these simple magnetic frames are great for the fridge. Lyrical poetry on this candle that belongs on her nightstand or bathroom vanity takes the sensuality of a pretty scent to the next level, and chunky artichoke pesto spread on a crispy baguette is a delicious gourmet snack whether she's hosting or hunkering down solo. Start channeling Cupid and shop all of my picks below! xo


SHOP THE GIFT GUIDE




center image via


No comments:

Post a Comment