Friday, January 23, 2015

hot now 5

I buy a new bag every few years. I carried an ivory tasseled Cole Haan in college, and have hauled around a J.Crew Brompton hobo since Christmas 2012. This casually sophisticated Madewell bucket bag is giving me the itch to make another switch (it's no Mansur Gavriel, but it's still good!). I prefer logo-less, simple designs and the leather beaut is cleanly constructed and beautifully anonymous. $300 is typically my spending cap, and at $198, it's comfortably under budget. It has that relaxed, slightly slouchy look perfect for an everyday carryall, with enough structure to look neat and pulled-together. The long, adjustable strap gives you that chill bucket look, while a rolled top handle lets you hang it from your shoulder when you want a tighter grip on your things. I'm escaping to Chicago this weekend (an all-too familiar tale!) to refill on good friends and good food, and might have to swing by the Rush Street store to pick up this baby in person! Hope you have a fantastic weekend! (P.S. Breaking "brand" and trying out some new creative below—it's no fun being boxed-in!)

image via


SHOP MORE BUCKET BAGS

No comments:

Post a Comment