Wednesday, September 9, 2015

sleeveless sweater shell

I bought this summery mini dress for a lakeside birthday celebration a few years ago and despite loving it, haven't had occasion to wear it since (or, more accurately, overzealously bought too many dresses that year and and it never surfaced a second time..). But with the temperatures dipping a bit this week and my continuing quest to maximize my existing wardrobe, I slipped it under a sleeveless sweater shell for a completely new look. The split-hem ribbed knit gives the lightweight party dress a casual, everyday feel that was totally appropriate for lunch at Icehouse over Labor Day weekend (loved the sloppy nachos!) and the chunky texture offers just enough warmth and coverage for this transitional time of year.

I've been loving the combination so much that I've also worn the colorful dress underneath my black Jackie Shell with coordinating pumps after dark, and plan to use the same strategy with full-sleeved sweaters and midi dresses throughout fall—such an easy trick to make basic separates look a bit more fashion-forward.

I hope your transition back into the work grind and faster pace of fall is going as smoothly as your sartorial endeavors. I woke up Tuesday with chills, congestion and VERY tired eyes, so the changing-of-the-seasons struggle is feeling very real. If you also need an assist, check out this interview with wellness guru Gabby Bernstein on mindfulness and maintaining that buoyant summer attitude all year. Meanwhile, drinking all the tea...


size down (wearing Small)

the rest of my outfit is old. 
necklace: Anthropologie
dress: Shopbop
bag: J.Crew
shoes: Halogen

MORE SWEATER SHELLS UNDER $200 TO LAYER FOR FALL
photos by Andrew Saxum

No comments:

Post a Comment