Monday, January 27, 2014

not crying on sunday



Yesterday I slept till eleven, read Mindy Kaling’s ELLE, watched the Grammys. It was entirely lazy, and entirely perfect. Not so perfect? The three-and-a-half hours plus air time of the Grammys. It ran a little long. But of all the award shows, "music's biggest night" is most entertaining: inspired performances, wild fashion, widest range. I was happiest to see Macklemore, Lorde and Bruno Mars win. And when Madge came out with "Open Your Heart"? That was a moment. I’ll never sing like them, but can aspire to look and feel as red-carpet ready. These beauty tools are topping my charts the morning after: a Clarisonic because the gentle spin brush clears pores and cleans skin more thoroughly than mine has probably been since birth; a hydrating hair masque because my stylist has been encouraging it, my strands are really dry, and it only takes five minutes; a luxe body scrub because every few days an exfoliant is really restorative -- and this indulgent formula is great prep for special occasions and date night; a new scent because I haven't found one that is really "me," and judging by the chic bottle and even chicer creators (MK&A), this could be it. 

images via sephora

No comments:

Post a Comment