Friday, June 16, 2017

Embroidered Blouse

Like eyelet and linen, embroidery makes me feel super light and summery. I wanted to add one great embroidered blouse to my wardrobe this season and I didn't hesitate when I saw this one—it has a modern crop (but not so short that it shows skin), gently ruffled sleeves, and a perfectly happy palette of sky blue, coral, peach, yellow and green. A few swipes of geranium lipstick and lace-up heels give the boho vibes a modern edge for everyday life in Minneapolis (I wore it to work earlier this week). But it would be great with cutoffs (and a colada) on vacation, and I'd even wear it with a fitted black maxi and black wedges for something different and unexpected. Try a clutch (I like this, this and this) for just a touch of the embroidery trend.

Hope you have an uber relaxing, total zone-out kind of weekend full of sunshine, fish tacos and pretty embroidered blouses (I could use one!). It's supposed to be a little gloomy here, so I hope to get caught up on laundry and workouts and maybe get my summer Sea Salt fix or finally try Milkjam for a fancy scoop! See ya next week!


Madewell Blouse | Ann Taylor Jeans 
Denim Heels: Sam Edelman (similar here & here)
Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick in Tell Laura

1 comment: