Friday, June 9, 2017

Fourth of July Style

We just booked a few days on the North Shore for the Fourth of July! It's my goal to take more quick trips close to home this summer—it's tempting to hop a plane whenever we want to get away, but there are so many cool places within driving distance that I don't want to miss! I've never been to the Grand Marais area and have always wanted to see that part of Minnesota, so I can't wait! We're staying at a little place overlooking Lake Superior and plan to do some casual hiking and exploring for a couple days. If you have any must-dos for eating, drinking and adventuring, send 'em over!

Besides planning our itinerary, I've of course been planning what to wear. Punching up cutoffs with a fun red, white or blue top is the easiest, chill-est way to do the Fourth. I love this striped off-shoulder blouse because of the smocking (so hot now, btw). It's so annoying when off-shoulder tops don't stay where they're supposed to, and this one does! Wrap a silk scarf around your wrist for a little extra flair. If you want to slip into something nicer after a long day on the water (is there anything better?), I love a wide-leg linen jumpsuit or sweet ruffled dress. Whatever you wear, make tassel-star earrings the finishing touch. Oh. Em. Gee. These are the cutest!!! I love them with a washed red top for a tonal look, but they would be darling with white or blue, too. Talk about starry-eyed...

Jumpsuit | Earrings (on sale) 
Scarf (on sale) | Tie-Waist Shorts 

What are you doing for the Fourth?
Click through to shop more perfectly patriotic looks!
(Have you been wearing Cupcakes & Cashmere? I for sure need the white camisole.)

No comments:

Post a Comment