Friday, June 30, 2017

SUMMER JACKET EDIT

We made it! Happy Friday! I hope you have some fun plans ahead for the Fourth! It's actually my favorite holiday—with how busy summer can be (it is shocking that tomorrow is July), it's nice to have a dedicated day to slow down, hang at the lake and watch some fireworks.

Before you totally tune out in favor of stars, stripes and sparklers, I had to post a PSA about jackets. I'm not sure how I missed the memo on these cute outfit completers, but I really hadn't thought much about jackets as a fashion piece (or thought I needed a selection) until this spring. I was at a wedding in Chicago in April (read: chilly and rainy). My Rent the Runway dress didn't fit (awesome) and my sister assured me that my destructed denim jacket was highly inappropriate for the The University of Chicago chapel. I felt so unprepared and uncomfortable throughout the ceremony and reception, and really couldn't believe that I didn't have a lightweight, tailored jacket to toss over an easy shift for that kind of occasion.

Never again. I'm course-correcting with this adorable persimmon swing jacket. It's the chic way to stay warm after the sun sets at summer weddings and elevates your jeans, shorts and skirts for work and nights out. I wore it to dinner at St. G's on Saturday and felt SO put together. Click through below to see more jackets I'm adding to my collection (first up: floral, camo, classic chambray) and have an amazing Fourth of July!! xo


My jacket is 50% OFF with code SPARKLER! 

Snakeskin Sandals (old, J.Crew. similar here and here)


No comments:

Post a Comment