Thursday, December 26, 2013

trading up


Hello beauties! I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas. Mine was full of fresh snow, Scrabble, oyster stew, peaceful pews, lights on trees and lights in hearts. I spent the entire 25th in pajamas, so getting back to real life today hurts a little. If you’re feeling the same, soften the blow with a buffalo check shirt. After five years of near-incessant wear, I finally had to toss my chambray button down. Instead of replacing it with the same style, I traded up for check – just as soft and versatile, but fresh and new. Pattern makes it inherently more interesting, while straight lines and basic black & white keep it simple, so it plays with everything. Add small leopard accents (belt, shoes, scarf or cuff) to look unplanned and on point on low-effort days like today. Good style doesn't have to be SO loud. And honestly, I can't handle max volume just yet. You can find me this AM at Fox Nails before hitting I-90 home to Madison. Best wishes for a smooth ride into a post-Christmas routine where there are real clothes, responsibilities – and ideally a mani/pedi. 

ADD A BROWN FAUX FUR VEST FOR DINNER OUT WITH YOUR PARENTS TO WRAP UP THE HOLIDAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment